ENLIVEN YOUR WORLD
Spring cleaning is synonymous with the arrival of longer days and warmer weather. Buds on the trees and blooms in the garden can encourage even the most slovenly among us to take a few minutes to shake out the dirt that’s accumulated over the winter and get a clean start.
Whether you have all weekend or just 30 minutes, our spring cleaning checklist can help you give your home a fresh start this spring!
1. Remove clutter. Put items that belong in other rooms to the side to put away later and toss the rest.
2. To clean ceiling fans, slide a pillowcase over each fan blade to catch the dust. Then, wipe it with a damp cloth.
3. Use the brush attachment on your vacuum cleaner to clean walls left to right and top to bottom. Pay special attention to corners, where cobwebs tend to form.
4. Remove all draperies and clean them according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
5. Clean all windows with a 1-to-1 mix of cold water and distilled white vinegar in a spray bottle (the smell will dissipate when it dries). Use newspaper for streak-free shine. Don’t forget to vacuum the window tracks!
6. Wipe picture frames and artwork with a dry cloth to prevent streaking.
7. To clean artificial plants or flower arrangements, toss them in a brown paper bag with ¼ cup of salt. (The salt will loosen any dusty residue).
8. Use a damp microfiber cloth for dusting.
9. Vacuum behind and underneath all furniture.
10. Remove all furniture cushions, and use your vacuum cleaner’s crevice tool to get into the hard-to-reach areas. If you have pets, put on a rubber cleaning glove and sweep the surface with your hand to dislodge stubborn pet hair. Then, use the upholstery brush to vacuum the front, back and side of the cushions.
1. Use a laundry basket to collect clutter.
2. Wipe all surfaces with a damp microfiber cloth.
3. Vacuum the floor.
4. Mist all fabric surfaces (upholstery, draperies, rugs and carpet) with Scentsy Fresh odor eliminator.
5. Open the window, and add a crisp, bright fragrance to your Warmer or Diffuser (try Lemon Verbena or Citrus Pop Scentsy Bars, or Lemongrass Cucumber Lime 100% Natural Oil, Tea Tree Essential Oil or Dash Essential Oil Blend).
1. Remove everything from your cupboards, and wipe them out with hot water and a grease-busting cleaner, like Scentsy Clean Kitchen Soap in Amazon Rain.
2. Pull out your range and vacuum behind it. Use hot, soapy water to wash the floor and sides of the base cabinets.
3. Remove the metal filters from the exhaust hood and either soak them in hot, soapy water or run them through the dishwasher. Use hot, soapy water to remove any greasy residue on the hood.
4. Remove all the burners and grates from your range and soak them in hot, soapy water for about an hour.
5. Use a steel wool pad to removing any grease or dried-on food particles inside the range, then shine it up by spritzing it with a 1-to-1 mix of cold water and distilled white vinegar.
6. Place a small bowl of water and lemon juice in your microwave, and run it on high for about five minutes. The steam created will soften any food debris, making it easier to clean.
7. Run the self-cleaning cycle on your oven.
8. Pull out your fridge and vacuum behind it, paying special attention to the refrigerator grill and kick plate. Use hot, soapy water to wash the floor and sides of the base cabinets. Wipe off the top, sides and front of the fridge before sliding it back into place.
9. Remove everything from the fridge interior, and wipe it out with hot, soapy water. Toss any old or expired food, and wipe off all containers before returning them to the fridge.
10. Use hot, soapy water to wipe down all the walls and backsplashes.
11. Liberally apply a kitchen spray formulated for your counter surface and wipe clean. Scentsy Clean’s Counter Clean forms a clear barrier on sealed surfaces that repels dirt with regular use. Try Sunkissed Citrus or Coconut Lemongrass for a burst of springtime freshness.
12. Use a steel wool pad and some kitchen soap to scrub the sink. Shine by spritzing it with a 1-to-1 mix of cold water and distilled white vinegar.
13. Remove all rugs and toss in the wash with a concentrated, high-efficiency detergent. Try Scentsy Laundry Liquid in Clothesline.
14. Sweep or vacuum the floor, and mop with a cleaner appropriate for your flooring.
3. Shake out the rugs.
4. Sweep or vacuum the floor.
5. Warm a sweet but light fragrance, like Sweet Cucumber or Sweet Southern Tea.
1. Toss your shower curtain in the wash with your regular amount of detergent and ½ cup of baking soda. Wash in warm or hot water at the highest level, and add 1 cup of distilled white vinegar to the rinse cycle.
2. Remove all soaps, razors and shampoos from your shower caddy and run it through the dishwasher to remove soap scum and shower residue.
3. Use a multipurpose bathroom cleaner to spray down your shower and tub.
4. Turn off the water in your toilet, and flush until the bowl is empty. Use a toilet pumice stone to remove any rings in the bowl, then use a toilet bowl cleaner to clean the basin and under the rim. Allow it to sit for several minutes before turning the water back on and flushing the bowl clean.
5. Use a multipurpose bathroom cleaner to wipe off the toilet. You may want to remove the toilet seat to clean around the hinges.
6. Spray your mirrors with a 1-to-1 mix of cold water and distilled white vinegar. Use newspaper for streak-free shine.
7. Wipe off the counters and sinks with a multipurpose bathroom cleaner. Use a toothbrush or grout brush to get at the gunk around the rim of the sink and the faucets.
8. Run all cups, toothbrush holders and soap dishes through the dishwasher.
9. Give your bath linens (fabric shower curtains, towels, washcloths and bath mats) the full Scentsy Laundry treatment. Use the entire collection (Scent Soft, Laundry Liquid, Dryer Disks and Washer Whiffs) in Scentsy Clean or Ocean for a superior clean and amazing fragrance that lasts.
10. Sweep or vacuum the floor, and mop with a cleaner appropriate for your flooring.
1. Squirt some toilet bowl cleaner around the bowl and under the rim. Allow it to sit a few minutes while you clean other surfaces.
2. Spray your mirrors with a 1-to-1 mix of cold water and distilled white vinegar. Use newspaper for streak-free shine.
3. Wipe the counters and other surfaces with a disinfecting wipe.
4. Scrub the toilet bowl.
5. Sweep or vacuum the floor.
6. Warm a crisp, fresh fragrance like Clean Breeze or By the Sea.
I loath spring cleaning!
Great tips! The vinegar solution can also be applied on certain carpet stains if you’re having that problem. When spraying scentsy deodorizer, I suggest going light since too much can cause a dirt buildup due to the moisture. Thank you again!
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.